Why hi. I’m Ty(ler).
I’m an mid-thirties (eek!) attorney working for a massive company in Northwest Arkansas. I have a fluffy little mutt named Louie who has made me second-guess ever having kids because I don’t think I could love a human as much as I love my dog. I recently picked up a new stray — she’s a twelve year old toy poodle named Dolly and she’s basically Estelle from Friends. I like to imagine her smoking cigs and yapping at folks.
I’m a recent vegan convert, after two years of vegetarianism. I talk about it a lot, but I try not to get preachy — I just want everyone to feel as great as I do and make the world a happier place. If you have any questions about that, I’m happy to help!
I’ve now been blogging, off and on, for nearly fifteen years, starting with Xanga and finally landing here. I’m a Seinfeld of the blog world, a true blog about nothing (and absolutely everything). We run the gamut over here, from recipes to budgeting to politics + current events to Sasquatch dreams and beyond. Hell, sometimes I even get fashion-y because I’ve found that most fashion bloggers don’t know a damn things about actual, office-appropriate workwear (sorry, fashion bloggers, I can’t wear leather culottes to the office).
One time I ran the New York Marathon. I’d like to do it again, but I got a little chubby. And drank too much wine. And got seven years older. That makes things harder now. But I’m trying.
Some things I love-
- Clean sheets
- Archie comics
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- Dark chocolate
- Sparkling water
- J.R.R. Tolkien and anything involving Lord of the Rings
- Everything Disney
- Trashy true crime novels
- Cross stitching
- Coming up with creative new swears
- The smell of lavender
- Black and white movies
Here are a few posts I wrote one time that I like (and that may give you a better idea of what you’re getting yourself into!):
- A quick hello and introduction.
- I wrote about the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (+ the ensuing body shaming) and it got almost three million hits. Not my finest of actual writing work, but I love it because it reached so many people!
- How I got my privilege checked.
- That time I got my tongue stuck in a bottle.
- The legal response you can give when your aunt starts posting pieces of the UCC on Facebook.
- Robin Williams, suicide, and mental illness. Undoubtedly one of my more serious posts.
- Why I’m proud of myself.
- What happens when you pop a squat on a fire ant pile.
- Probably the most researched post I’ve ever written, I wrote this death penalty piece in April 2017, when Arkansas wanted to execute eight men in eleven days.
- Finally, why I write about everything from suicide to fire ants, and why I will never shy away from writing about controversial topics that matter to me.
I’m glad you’re here. If you need me (or just want to swap Sasquatch dream stories), you can shoot me an email, twit at me, or find me posting pictures of my dog and/or food on Insta. However you do it, please get in touch!