Why hi. I’m Ty(ler).
I’m a mid-thirties (eek!) attorney working for a massive company in Northwest Arkansas. I have a fluffy little mutt named Louie (who made me second-guess ever having kids because I don’t think I could love a human as much as I love him). I recently lost my thirteen year old toy poodle named Dolly (that I got when she was twelve) — my heart wasn’t ready for it, and I still miss that tiny broad so badly it hurts. Once my heart is ready, I fully intend to adopt another crotchety old dog.
I got married in March 2019 to the most incredible guy on the planet. I’m now a stepmonster to two badass girls — one is fifteen and has a better head on her shoulders than I do, and the other is six and the life of the party. The littlest has autism, and there aren’t any books out there for how to be the best non-decision-making, non-custodial stepparent to a kindergartener with autism. Believe me, I’ve looked. If this is you, though, hit me up and let’s chat ♥
Oh, and I’m pregnant. Having my first kid at thirty-five, due in early January 2020. If you really want your self-esteem to soar, try being called “geriatric” for a solid year.
After multiple years of vegetarianism, I converted to veganism in May 2018. It has become so much more than a style of eating, and my life and values have shifted significantly since making the change. I talk about it a lot, but I try not to get preachy — I just want everyone to feel as great as I do and make the world a happier place. If you have any questions about that, I’m happy to answer.
I’ve now been blogging, off and on, for nearly fifteen years, starting with Xanga and finally landing here. I’m a Seinfeld of the blog world, a true blog about nothing (and absolutely everything). I run the gamut from recipes to budgeting to current events to my dreams about Sasquatch to travel and beyond. Hell, sometimes I even get fashion-y because I’ve found that most fashion bloggers don’t know a damn things about office-appropriate workwear (sorry, fashion bloggers, I can’t wear leather culottes to the office).
Some things I love:
- Clean sheets
- Game of Thrones (more specifically, Brienne of Tarth)
- Dark chocolate
- Sparkling water
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- True crime novels + docs
- Cross stitching
- The smell of lavender
- Vietnamese food
- Black and white movies
Here are a few posts I wrote that I like (and that may give you a better idea of what you’re getting yourself into!):
- A quick hello and introduction.
- I wrote about the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (+ the ensuing body shaming) and it got almost three million hits. Not my finest of actual writing work, but I love it because it reached so many people!
- How I got my privilege checked.
- That time I got my tongue stuck in a bottle.
- Robin Williams, suicide, and mental illness. Undoubtedly one of my more serious posts.
- Probably the most researched post I’ve ever written, I wrote this death penalty piece in April 2017, when Arkansas wanted to execute eight men in eleven days.
- Finally, why I write about everything from suicide to fire ants, and why I will never shy away from writing about controversial topics that matter to me.
I’m glad you’re here. If you need me (or just want to swap dream stories about how I came upon Chuck Norris delivering a baby horse), you can shoot me an email, twit at me, or find me posting pictures of my dogs and/or food on Insta.
However you want to do it, please get in touch. I’d love to talk! ♥