I’m Tyler. I’m a mid-thirties (eek!) attorney working for a massive company in Northwest Arkansas (you can probably guess!). I have a fluffy little mutt named Louie (who made me second-guess ever having kids because I don’t think I could love a human as much as I love him). I recently lost my thirteen year old toy poodle named Dolly (that I got when she was twelve) — I wasn’t ready for it, and I still miss that tiny broad so badly it hurts. Once my heart is ready, I fully intend to adopt another crotchety old dog.
I got married in March 2019 to the most incredible guy on the planet. I became a mom on January 10, 2020 to the coolest little girl I’ve ever met. Her name is Scout and she has the juiciest legs.
After multiple years of vegetarianism, I converted to veganism in May 2018. It has become so much more than a style of eating, and my life and values have shifted significantly since making the change. I talk about it a lot, but I try not to get preachy — I just want everyone to feel as great as I do and make the world a happier place. If you have any questions about that, I’m happy to answer.
I’m a Mary Sunshine optimist. It’s pretty gross. Ever seen The Middle? I’m Sue Heck. I’m an Oklahoma Sooner, a proud Choctaw, a staunch feminist, an ex-gymnast, and a plant killer.
I’ve now been blogging, off and on, for over fifteen years, starting with Xanga and finally landing here. I’m a Seinfeld of the blog world, a true blog about nothing (and absolutely everything). I run the gamut from recipes to budgeting to current events to my dreams about Sasquatch to travel and beyond. Hell, sometimes I even get fashion-y because I’ve found that most fashion bloggers don’t know a damn things about office-appropriate workwear (sorry, fashion bloggers, I can’t wear leather culottes to the office).
Some things I love:
- Clean sheets
- Game of Thrones (more specifically, Brienne of Tarth)
- Dark chocolate
- Sparkling water
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- Thriller novels
- Cross stitching
- Roseanne (the old badass show, not the present-day racist actress)
- The smell of lavender
- Vietnamese food
- Black and white movies
Here are a few posts I wrote that I like (and that may give you a better idea of what you’re getting yourself into!):
- A quick hello and introduction.
- I wrote about the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (+ the ensuing body shaming) and it got almost three million hits. Not my finest of actual writing work, but I love it because it reached so many people!
- How I got my privilege checked.
- That time I got my tongue stuck in a bottle.
- Robin Williams, suicide, and mental illness. Undoubtedly one of my more serious posts.
- Probably the most researched post I’ve ever written, I wrote this death penalty piece in April 2017, when Arkansas wanted to execute eight men in eleven days.
- Finally, why I write about everything from suicide to fire ants, and why I will never shy away from writing about controversial topics that matter to me.
I’m glad you’re here. If you need me (or just want to swap dream stories about how I came upon Chuck Norris delivering a baby horse), you can shoot me an email, twit at me, or find me posting pictures of my dogs and/or food on Insta.
However you want to do it, please get in touch. I’d love to talk! ♥